It is our privilege to provide unforgettable connections to the West Coast.
At Tofino Resort + Marina, we recognize and support the land and ocean we get to work, play and live on. We are a proud member of the Tribal Parks Alliance, which means that we are conscious about recognizing that every adventure tour out in the water and on the land takes place on unceded Indigenous territory. We also continue to actively support efforts and raise money for wild salmon protection through our Fish For the Future fund, which is managed in partnership with the Clayoquot Biosphere Trust.
Guests who eat, stay, or play at Tofino Resort + Marina will be contributing:
- 1% to Tribal Park Allies which supports the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation in the restoration and guardianship of their lands.
- 1% to Fish for the Future which supports the protection and conservation of wild salmon populations in Clayoquot Sound.
In partnership with the Clayoquot Biosphere Trust (CBT), Tofino Resort + Marina contributes revenue alongside guests who contribute 1% of all resort, adventure and restaurant purchases to current and future watershed projects. The funds are distributed to keystone projects that protect wild salmon populations.
Projects include funding and supporting charities and ENGOs such as Redd Fish Restoration, Tofino Salmon Enhancement Society, the Salmon Round Table, and Raincoast Education Society.
The Clayoquot Sound and more specifically the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations territory is an incredibly beautiful and bountiful landscape. From old growth forests to invigorating marine life, it knows no bounds.
Guests who eat, stay and/or embark on an adventure with Tofino Resort + Marina contribute a humble 1% of their total bill to the unceded territory of the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations. These funds will assist the Tla-o-qui-aht in developing exciting economic development and environmental protection programs for all to use and enjoy. This includes the development of the Tribal Parks’ Guardians Program, cultural preservation and restoration initiatives, hydropower projects and marine life and fish hatchery operations – with your help all programs are constructed and operated in a manner that is respectful of Tla-o-qui-aht heritage, the natural environment and all life who inhabit it.
Twenty-two percent of material that ends up in the West Coast Landfill is recyclable, and a majority of this is plastic. Tofino Resort + Marina is proud to join forces with Surfrider Pacific Rim to eliminate single-use plastics, divert waste from landfill and support an Ocean Friendly Corridor between Tofino and Ucluelet.
As part of this network, Tofino Resort + Marina has actioned several meaningful changes including:
- Adopted the use of sugar cane-based and 100% compostable takeout containers for signature restaurant 1909 Kitchen, eliminating plastic takeaway coffee cups, containers and sauce ramekins;
- Joined the Take Back the Tap Campaign, supporting the elimination of single-use plastic water bottles;
- Eliminated foam docks from their marina, recognized as a leader in eliminating un-encapsulated foam docks on the coast;
- Installed refillable bathroom amenity dispensers throughout the resort;
- Committed to ongoing monitoring and improvements to maintain designation, working closely with Surfrider Pacific Rim each year moving forward