The Ultimate Adventure
Set out for a west coast adventure with a guide in your own private boat. Drop some crab traps on the way out, and depart on the quest for an intimate experience of your choice. This trip will not only take you on a journey to find whales, bears and marine life, but also is one of the best ways to see the Clayoquot sound. Miraculous coast lines, rugged points and exciting weather make this a trip that you will not forget.
95% of our tours result in a whale or bear spotting. Considering the wild and unpredictable nature of Vancouver Island’s West Coast, we are really proud of this.
If luck, weather, and the almighty universe conspire against us—and you don’t see the wildlife you came for—we will give you The Tofino Promise, a raincheck that will not expire, and guarantees you can come back for free to see the wildlife you deserve, whether on the same day or decades later.
If there’s an open spot on the boat, it’s yours.
We invest in your experience which means we have safe and reliable vessels that suit your needs.
- Blackfish, a 30 foot covered vessel, can hold up to 12 passengers. This vessel comes with an emergency bathroom and a viewing deck out back.
- Blue Line, Boston Whaler, 31’5 Pilothouse. Comfortably seats 4 people and has the capacity for 12 people. With a comfortable cuddy and bench seating, bathroom and twin 300HP Mercury outboard motor to power the experience. This vessel is used for our luxury private charters, Ultimate adventures.*
*To inqure about the Ultimate Adventure on the Blue Line please contact us directly at 778.841.0186 or email@example.com.
This is the best value if you can gather up 3 of your buddy’s. You get your own private boat tour, drop some crab traps on the way out, and depart on the quest for an intimate experience with all sorts of whales. This trip will not only take you on a journey to find whales, but also is one of the best ways to see the Clayoquot sound. Miraculous coast lines, rugged points and exciting weather make this a trip that you will not forget. Most common whales to see are Grey Whales, Humpback Whales, Proposes and Orca also Known as Killer whales. Once you have experienced the coast line, retrieve your crab traps on the way back to the dock and enjoy fresh crab for dinner.
- *Fees: 1% Tribal Park Allies + 1% Eco Fees + Fuel surcharge $50
The Ultimate Adventure FAQ
- Warm clothes (layers are best)
- Lunch (picnic lunch add-on available upon request. Inquire during booking)
- Black Bears (Bear Watching)
- Grey Whales (Whale Watching)
- Killer Whales (Whale Watching)
- Humpback Whales (Whale Watching)
- Fish Life
- Sea Lions
- Dolphins (porpoise)
- And a lot more
If you want to get intimate with the natural surroundings of Tofino you will not be disappointed.
Whales can be viewed year-round, but the strongest season begins in May, when a mind-blowing 20,000 grey whales swim past Tofino’s sandy shores. They’re intent on their annual migration from the Baja Peninsula to Alaska’s Bering Strait. You can expect to see whales until the end of October.
We are respectful of the current regulations and stay at a 100 meter distance. Sometimes though, as whales are curious animals, they swim closer to us but we always try our best to not disturb them if we can.