Our wood-fired remote floating sauna merges wellness and wilderness in Tofino’s backyard. The sauna is located deep within a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, home of Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation. Kayaks, paddle boards, and a firepit to warm up beside. Tapping into quiet here is a lot easier in the vast solitude and stillness of Clayoquot Sound.
Named in Time’s “The World’s Greatest Places of 2022” – Read more.
*The floating sauna experience can be booked starting at $850 for four guests.
There is no wifi. No cell service. Just you and the ones you love in a quiet, protected corner of one of the most awe-inspiring landscapes on earth — a scenic 35 minute ride by boat from Tofino Resort + Marina. Relax in the wood-fired cedar sauna and immerse yourself in the salty healing waters of the Pacific Ocean. From the hammock to heaven and back again, the feeling of remote has never been so close. It’s exactly the spot where your soul has been pulling you. Move towards it.
Travel by boat to a remote part of Clayoquot Sound, just 35 minutes from our docks, on the traditional territory of the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation.
Relax in a one-of-a-kind floating wood-fired sauna. Take cold plunges Wim Hof-style, cool off in a dock hammock, and then stoke your fire once more as your return to the sauna.
Restore mind and body with a mix of relaxation and on-the-water activities. Your guide will help you take out paddleboards and kayaks, or take an icy plunge in the waters of Clayoquot Sound.
Forage crab and prawns and take home your allowed catch, split between your group.
Connect with your people. This private experience includes just you, the friends you bring along, a private guide, and the wildlife of Tofino’s lush ecosystems.
Winter 2023 Pricing
- Price is based on 4 people. Experience is available for groups up to 12 people at an additional cost of $100 per person.
- Fuel surcharge $50
- 1% Tribal Park Allies supports the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation in the restoration and guardianship of their lands.
- 1% eco fees supports the protection and conservation of wild salmon populations in Clayoquot Sound.
- 5% GST
Remote Sauna Adventure FAQ
We invest in your experience. We have safe, reliable, and comfortable vessels that suit your needs.
- Blue Line, Boston Whaler, 31’5 Pilothouse. Comfortably seats 4 people and has the capacity for 12 people. With a comfortable cuddy and bench seating, bathroom and twin 300HP Mercury outboard motor to power the experience. This vessel is perfect for luxury private charters and sauna trips. Note that for over 8 passengers, the vessel is subject to change.
- Warm clothes (layers are best)
- Robe + sandals
- Bathing suit
- Lunch + snack (or purchase the add-on picnic lunch option, inquire with the Adventure Centre upon booking)
- Downloaded tunes
- Wood-fired sauna
- Outdoor fire pit
- Outdoor shower
- Dock speaker
- Rope swing
- Paddleboards + Kayaks
- Picnic lunches (add-on)
*Disconnect to reconnect. There is no cell phone service, you’re welcome.
September – May
June – August