Join our team
From front desk employees to adventure guides and housekeeping experts, Tofino Resort + Marina is brimming with activity and opportunity.
If you’re a service-oriented professional or simply a people person, please submit your application via our online form right here or below each available position.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate. Thank you to all that apply, please note only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visa Requirements: You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Tofino Resort + Marina is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Tofino Resort + Marina is an adventure-lover’s playground, located on the harbour in beautiful Tofino, British Columbia. We offer the only full-service marina in town, an Adventure Centre which facilitates the most incredible west coast adventure experiences, a 63-room hotel as the ultimate basecamp and an oceanfront gym facility — all within walking distance from downtown Tofino. We share our waterfront with Shelter, one of the best and most well-known restaurants in Tofino, and are home to the only terminal for Harbour Air flights on the west coast of Vancouver Island. This business is easy to get excited about and fun to promote!
Reporting to our Sales and Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for all marketing and communications to this end.
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager, TRM staff and third-party service providers as required to promote our business within the communities of Tofino and Ucluelet, Vancouver Island and globally.
- Develop programs which will result in increased occupancy and profitable use of our accommodation, marina and Adventure Centre. Work closely with the Rooms Division Manager and Marina Operations Manager to drive sales revenue – both direct and through our industry partners.
- Maintain awareness of the factors that influence the hotel industry and gain a deep understanding of the needs and attitudes of our own customers.
- Work closely with TRM staff to ensure that all marketing activities are aligned with our overall strategy and our service offerings so that guests’ expectations are met and exceeded.
- Manage all day-to-day social media operations, including content creation and advertising campaigns which support key business initiatives.
- Measure, analyze and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals, and ensure all marketing material is in line with our new brand identity.
- Manage the design and creation of all corporate marketing assets — print and digital.
- Build relationships and partnerships within the local community to encourage cross-marketing opportunities.
- Provide marketing support for all events (external and internal).
- Provide live coverage of special events and other relevant programs on Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Manage and update content on the Tofino Resort + Marina website to attract and convert our target customers.
- Identify strategic partners online who we can collaborate with to reach a broader audience.
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or Communications an asset
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
- Autonomous and self-driven, ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Detail oriented, adaptable, proactive and strong prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Proven ability to manage and drive social media engagement
- Excellent communication skills (writing and presentation)
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Excellent knowledge of Social Media platforms and scheduling tools (Facebook, Instagram, Skedd Social)
- Keen understanding and appreciation of marketing strategy
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, an asset
- Experience with PPC ads, an asset
- Proficiency with content management systems such as WordPress, an asset
Tofino Resort + Marina is an adventure-focused resort with 63 rooms. Set in the heart of town, on the water, Tofino Resort + Marina is a comfortable and capable base camp for west coast adventure. We serve the authentic Tofino experience, from the famous fishing of Clayoquot to the surf breaks of Long Beach. We also operate Tofino’s largest private marina, offering moorage for pleasure crafts and yachts up to 130’. Alongside our Marina you will find our Marine Adventure Centre which offers bear and whale watching tours, fishing, hot spring tours, kayaking, and our onsite public fitness centre Tuff Fit.
We are inspired by adventure, and seeking a hardworking, enthusiastic level 1 kayak guide to host tours on our remote dock in Clayoquot Sound.
- Guide groups of up to 6 on an unforgettable 4.5 hour remote kayaking experience (tours with over 6 guests will be accompanied by an additional kayak guide)
- Guide up to 2 trips per day
- Following all safety protocol and championing guest safety over all
- Ensuring guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience
- Preparing and cleaning of equipment used in tours
- Communicating any deficiencies, hazards, or safety concerns to the Marina Operations Manager
- Ability to personalize your tour while following standard operating procedures
- Possibility of encountering wildlife such as bears and orcas and incorporating knowledge of local flora and fauna into the tour
- Level One (or higher) Kayak Guide
- Marine Basic First Aid
- FIRST AID and CPR
- Knowledge of local flora and fauna an asset
- Experience repairing fiberglass kayaks an asset
- Passion for working with people and being outdoors
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
Do you love working with new people and helping them have a great time? In Tofino, we attract a global audience of adventure seekers who want more west coast flavour in their life. As the guest service agent, you are responsible for assisting them in finding that flavour. Fortunately, we live in the perfect spot to make it happen. Reporting directly to the Rooms Division Manager, this position is responsible for representing the resort through all stages of the guests stay.
Tofino Resort + Marina is an adventure-focused resort located on the waterfront in beautiful Tofino, British Columbia. Set in the heart of town, on the water, Tofino Resort + Marina is a base camp for adventures of all types.
- Process guest arrivals and departures, including all necessary payments
- Providing accurate information in ensuring the sales of rooms to maximize resort revenue
- Maintain full comprehensive knowledge of room locations, features, rates, packages, and property offerings
- Assist with check in/out process of groups and tours
- Effectively handle, investigate, and resolve and guest concerns that may arise in a professional and timely manner
- Handle phone, email, and online reservations and inquires
- Interact effectively with Guests and Staff to create a positive Resort experience
- Previous Front Desk or Guest Services experience an asset
- Pleasant personality and excellent personal presentation
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
- Flexibility with shifts is a must
At Tofino Resort + Marina we are inspired by adventure, and we are seeking the next adventurous employee to join our team in beautiful Tofino, British Columbia. Tofino Resort + Marina is an adventure-focused resort with 63 rooms located on the waterfront. Set in the heart of town, on the water, Tofino Resort + Marina is a comfortable and capable base camp for west coast adventure. We serve the authentic Tofino experience, from the famous fishing of Clayoquot to the surf breaks of Long Beach. And we want you to join us.
Clean Guest Rooms daily while adhering to company standards of room cleanliness
- Maintain, clean, and stock Housekeeping Storage Rooms
- Maintain, clean, and stock Housekeeping Carts
- Maintain and clean Resort property and common grounds
- Adhere to company standards in cleanliness and employee etiquette
- Assist in the Resort Laundry Section when required
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Strong communication and organizational skills required