Explore the beauty and wildlife that lies outside the harbour as you embark on an intimate guided kayaking trip through the quiet waters of Tofino Inlet, home of the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation.
A 25-minute scenic boat ride from our marina will take you right into the heart of Clayoquot Sound, a stunning Unesco Biosphere Reserve. Our remote floating kayak dock offers incredible natural beauty and acts as the perfect kayaking adventure home base. Your kayak guide will dive into the kayak plan and safety briefing before helping you into a single or double kayak to explore the beautiful coastline waters in search for wildlife.
Kayaking allows for a unique perspective on the west coast waters and the ability to explore narrow passages as you sit only inches above the Pacific Ocean. Wildlife encounters range from harbor seals, eagles, black bears, and even the occasional family of orca whales.
- 1% Tribal Park Allies supports the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation in the restoration and guardianship of their lands.
- 1% eco fees supports the protection and conservation of wild salmon populations in Clayoquot Sound.
- 5% GST
Our spacious 12 seat landing craft guarantees a stress-free and intimate experience making your trip to the kayak dock unforgettable. Skookum measures 30 feet and is uncovered.
- Warm clothes (layers are best). Jeans and cotton clothing are not ideal. Synthetic, natural fibers or other quick-dry materials are highly recommended
- Rain gear (prepare for the west coast)
- Hat/ sunscreen / sunglasses
- Water shoes or ones that can get a bit wet
- Water Bottle
- Add on picnic lunch option available (or bring your own snacks)
- Swimwear for those ambitions enough to jump into the chilly Pacific Ocean from the dock
- Single or double kayak
- Spray skirt
- Sponge + water pump
- Life jacket
- Experienced kayak guide
- Boat transportation to and from the remote kayaking dock
- No previous kayaking experience required
- Limited to no cell service
- Dress for west coast weather conditions
- Guided group kayaking – private trips available upon request
- 25-minute boat ride to destination
- Inlet waters are calm waters, although be prepared for wind
- Physical exertion required
- No washroom on site
- Ages 6+
- Although wildlife calls this area home, we cannot guarantee sightings of all species noted